This page contains slides from previous class sessions.
Session 1 (January 14) –Transforming Experience into Future Opportunities Instructor:
- Overview of course requirements and goals; introduction to Career of Choice Development Model;
- Trainee best practices from CEO Program Alumni;
- Creating goals for professional and academic success;
- MBTI: Resources for exploring career of choice and internship possibilities.
Session 2 (January 21) The value of your training: transferring your skills Instructors: Joe
- Opportunities to apply academic learning, learn new skills, and network with professionals;
- Discussion of the importance of showing fit between personal skills, interests, and values and those with organizations/companies of choice;
- Highlighting your skills via resume/cv.
Session 4 (February 4) Telling your story: Improvisation Techniques in Interviews and the Workplace
- Overview of interview scope and process within various fields;
- Management communications strategies that will help you hone and sell your professional image;
- Using the techniques of improvisation comedy to manage the surprises which may come up in interviews;
- Overcoming interview fears and addressing ways to avoid common mistakes.
Session 6 (February 18) – Branding: Telling your story
Jessica Kao, Senior Manager, Demand Generation and Marketing Operations, Guidespark
- Understanding and managing your personal “brand”;
- Appropriate use and leveraging of online networking tools; how hiring managers use these tools;
- The importance of developing extensive professional networks in a global economy, regardless of market conditions.